We are recruiting for an investment executive based in Yorkshire (home-based initially).
The investment executive is responsible for sourcing and appraising applications for investments into FW Capital. Investments will be made under commercial terms and in accordance with the investment criteria set by the Development Bank of Wales and will be in line with the investment operating guidelines for each fund. Investments can be structured into loans, or mezzanine loans.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Source and appraise investment proposals
- Contribute to the operation of FW Capital as a professional fund management company and provider of risk capital to existing businesses, in accordance with the terms of approval from Public Sector bodies and European Regional Development Funds (ERDF)
- Maintain and develop technical and industry specific knowledge to ensure best practice and compliance in investment activity
- Conduct thorough and robust management, financial and commercial due diligence when considering investment opportunities and assess the risks attendant to each investment
- Negotiate terms and conditions relating to legal documentation for placing investments
- Assess applications for funding and prepare reports recommending investment to fund manager, group investment director or investment committee, where the proposed investment meets the risk and portfolio criteria established by finance
- Liaise closely with the portfolio team post investment where applicable and support as required to maintain the relationship with the investee company and facilitate additional investments as appropriate
- Disseminate examples of best practice for applying to the fund to key business introducers and ensure that the application process is continually refined and improved to provide the best possible client service
- Develop and maintain links and networks with key business introducers and intermediaries to source suitable investment opportunities
- Participate and represent FW Captial, where appropriate, at meetings, seminars, events and joint group activities
- Operate under delegated authority limits and investment operational guidelines
- Contribute to marketing/promoting FW Capital.
- Achieve defined goals and fund outputs in line with the relevant fund business plans
- Any other task as may be defined by the fund manager to meet the operational needs of the department, ensuring that at all times, the trust and confidence of the company’s investors is retained.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Previous leveraged finance, banking or corporate finance experience in SME sector
- Understanding of all aspects relating to debt investment in either early stage or later stage investing
- Understanding of risk assessment and investment processes and procedures
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Confident in own decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Experience of analysing financial information
- Accountancy or banking qualification
- Driving licence
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the public sector in SME finance
- Understanding of the regional business environment and an established network of introducers
- IT literate to include the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint