We are recruiting for a portfolio executive based out of Billingham.
Assist in the management of FW Capital portfolio investments made by any part of the Development Bank. Through proactive monitoring of portfolio investments, seek to minimise the risk of financial loss and maximise the profit from the Development Bank.
The post holder will need to build close working relationships internally and with external business introducers and service providers to increase their market knowledge and ability to provide added value to portfolio clients. A comprehensive understanding of the post holder’s portfolio will be maintained through routine monitoring and contact. Where investments have been identified as either being at risk or having significant growth potential make suitable cross references to the most appropriate portfolio team.
The post holder will hold well developed inter personal and problem solving ability.
Strong banking technical skills, attention to detail and proactive hands on approach are also essential prerequisites for this role.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Monitoring an agreed numberof FW Capital portfolio.
- Develop an appropriate plan of action with the agreement of the Senior Portfolio Executive and/or Fund Manager to ensure detailed portfolio monitoring.
- Maintain regular contact with client businesses to develop an up-to-date understanding of client businesses and its financial position. Such contact to be tailored to suit the needs of each client and will include attendance at board meetings.
- Produce and maintain relevant, accurate monitoring systems for all client companies’ activities.
- Monitor and assess relevant information including financial information to prepare necessary reports on performance of portfolio companies. Make balanced recommendations to senior management where additional rounds of investment are required.
- Seek out opportunities and provide further funding to portfolio companies.
- Develop and enhance FW Capital’s reputation as a professional investment provider.
- Ensure that all interactions with internal and external bodies and members are conducted in accordance with the highest standards of customer service to ensure timely feedback to appropriate parties.
- Undertake other duties on an ad hoc basis when required by the company.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Self-motivated with the ability to take a proactive approach and work efficiently without supervision. Comfortable in dealing with time critical client sensitive work.
- Results focused.
- Strong team player.
- The ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure and meet targets. Drive and determination to complete work in a qualitative manner.
- Good communication, influencing and interpersonal skills. Strong problem solving skills.
- An understanding of company law and board procedures.
- Ability to assess investment proposals and construct balanced investment proposals
- Experience of working in a relationship management role within a bank or similar financial environment and in particular experience of analysing financial information to a high level.
- IT/PC literate with ability to use Microsoft Office packages.
- Relevant professional qualification or relevant industry experience in banking or accountancy.
- Driving licence.
- An awareness of business issues and the SME market in the North East.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- Presentation skills.